Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Its been a while...

So I have a TON of things to catch up on such as Connor's surgery, Easter, Sadie and Ryan's birthdays,my new church calling, Connor's first swim lesson, new flooring, Mother's Day,etc... but all that seemed a little overwhelming so I thought I'd just start my catching up with a few cute bath photos I took of the kids back in March. They made me smile and remember what cute kids I have, even though tonight I was really frustrated and tired with them. Ryan has been in New York all week, and the week has actually gone by pretty quickly with the exception of tonight. I had to drag them to a baptism right at dinner/bedtime to do music. They were reverent up until the little boy was baptized , then they were done!!! I bribed Connor to be well behaved with a trip to Blockbuster to rent a movie of his choice , so he shaped up. Sadie was a different story. She kept yelling "more Wa, Wa!" She was mad that they had shut the doors to the baptismal font. I left when Connor said, " I just can't stand sitting still anymore!" and let the kids run in the gym for a while and then came back for the closing song. Are my kids the only ones that have a HARD time being reverent??? Then when we got to Blockbuster, Sadie was running wild knocking movies of the shelves and running away from me, all the while laughing and screaming and thinking she was hilarious. Let me just say that bedtime was a big relief tonight. Despite it all, it all I really love my little monsters!








This photo was before Connor's surgery and he was sooooo skinny. He has gained 6 or 7 lbs since getting his tonsils out and looks much healthier. Yeah!



7 comments:

Susan said...

Great bathtub photos to torment your kids with when they get older! Enjoy this stage of their lives....it only gets harder when they turn into teenagers...believe me! I'm glad Connor is doing better.

Eric and Rozanne said...

I like bath photos too. Sometimes you need cute pics to look at when you've had a rough day. Eric and I just got back from New York. Can't wait to hear about all your other updates too...

Heather said...

They sure are cute little monsters. I can't get over how much Sadie looks like you. What was Connor's surgery for, I mean why would tonsils cause weight loss?

Heather said...

It is just like a mini-Ryan and and a mini-Johanna! Love it!

Tatem Marchant said...

They maybe monsters, but they sure are cute (JK about the mosters part).

Anonymous said...

It's nice to know that my kids aren't the only kids that can totally ruin a spiritual moment and destroy a place in no time (yesterday it was Jane in the library). Love the bath pictures. I can't believe how much Sadie looks like you in the picture of her in the towel! Such a cutie

Ashley Elizabeth said...

Hey, there! It has been a while...but I kept checking! I hate those nights when the kids just refuse to cooperate, so frustrating. But they are to cute to stay upset with, thank goodness!
Whats the new calling?