Sunday, June 14, 2009

Helvetia Half Marathon Finishers!!!!


Ryan and I ran our first half-marathon in Portland Saturday. I have been training for a while. Ryan, however, hadn't run for over 2 weeks and just decided to sign up the day before and just go for it. I am glad he did it with me and we stayed by each other for most ofthe race...until I smoked him at the end.:) (Really he was only 3 minutes behind me!) We both met our goals of under 2 hours. I finished in 1 hour 55 minutes (a 8 min. 48 sec pace) and Ryan finished in 1 hour 58 minutes (a 9 min. 2 sec pace). It was a beautiful and hilly course and overall we both felt great. We were both stoked to get cool shirts (see Ryan modeling his), cool medals, and best of all a yummy Jamba smoothies, and hamburgers from a local place. Thanks to Ryan's parents for watching our kids and bringing them to support us!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Susan said...

Wow! You are both awesome. I can't believe how fast you ran, too! Great job! On to your next challenge...

Heather said...

Congrats!!! Great times too. Half marathons are way more fun than full ones. I wish that Justin would join me for a run one of these days. And way to go for smokin' him at the end. :)

Eric and Rozanne said...

You are the woman! Great times (not that I would have expected any less)! That's really cool that Ryan did it with you. I bet it was way more fun with him and having someone to keep you company.

Anonymous said...

Congrats. I wanna be like you...

Nadia said...

Good job. Not to take from your accomplishment Jo Jo, but we are so impressed by Ryan's run. I am glad that Spense was wise enough to pass on this one. You guys would have killed him. Please come back home soon too. We miss you!

Sharon said...

Way to go... I am so impressed! (amd amazed, and envious, etc.) Good for you!