Saturday, December 5, 2009

Grandpa Ken

The highlight of the trip for me was to get to spend time with my Grandpa. He is my last living grandparent and I love him to pieces! My kids love him too. It was so neat to have them get to know him a little better. Sadie took to him right away. The first morning we got to Boise we came down the stairs and he was the first person she saw. She hasn't seen him since she was about barely 1. She opened her arms and wanted him to take her from me. She doesn't even let Ryan hold her when she first wakes up. She gave him some tight squeezes and made him hold her until she got too heavy. Grandpa always has been quite the charmer! Grandpa, Emily, and I got to play canasta a few times, and I came out on top this time! (He and my dad kicked my butt when we played in June.) I know Grandpa missed having Grandma spend the wonderful holiday with us and we did too. It was sure a treat to have him come and I always feel her near when I spend time with him. Thanks to his great wife Jean for letting him spend Thanksgiving with us.


Hugs for Grandpa Ken

Hugs from Sadie
One last picture before he left to go cheer on the Cougs! Go BYU!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

He had such a great time with you all! He was so excited to go. Wish I had been there too!