Saturday, January 31, 2009

Miracles do happen!

It seems like life has been hold for a month or so waiting for a call we recieved Friday morning. Pfizer announced that they were doing major lay offs and we were sort of stuck in a holding pattern for a while now wondering if we were going to still be employed. We were also worried about Ryan's dad and my brother who work for the same company. I had a pretty good feeling that we would be okay whether we were retained or not, but we were still really anxious to know. Thanks to lots of prayers, all three of us (Ryan, his dad, and my brother) were able to keep our jobs for now(there will be more lay offs later in the year because of a recent merger). I feel so thankful and really do feel like it was a miracle because in some areas 70% were cut. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of those who were not as fortunate. It was a little wake up call to us to be more grateful, take less for granted, and to BE PREPARED for something like this.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Glad to hear it! That is very stressful. It does always work out, either way. We have been down that road and it is amazing how we are watched over. Glad you had a great Christmas and survived the weather. I had wondered how you guys were holding up!

Eric and Rozanne said...

I was so happy to hear the update. I had heard about the Phizer layoffs and was worried about you. I'm SO happy that Ryan and your other relatives kept their jobs! It does take situations like that sometimes to remind us of our blessings. :)

Susan said...

I'm happy Ryan was one of the ones to keep his job. Go Ryan! On a side note, now you can de-stress and have more time to blog. It's a win-win situation!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to be able to say..."I told ya so!!" Miracles really do happen.