Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Snow

Ryan and Sadie sledding at the Park
Uncle Lance and Sadie

All Bundled up like the kids on "Christmas Story"


Connor and Cooper in front of our house the first snow day.



The accumulation on our picnic table out back!
Okay...so I am really late, but I have to document since this is how I am journaling these days. We had the craziest snow storm ever in December. I think we had close to 2 feet accumulated in our backyard. It was fun for a few days. Connor and Sadie had fun playing in it, and since the roads were so bad Ryan didn't have to go to work. After a while it began to get really old. The thing about Washington is that because it doesn't snow often, they are not prepared at all! They simply do not have the equipment to plow any side streets. Besides that we have some environmental cooks that refuse to salt the roads because of damage to the environment. (Seattle's mayor has already said that next time Seattle will use salt.):) Anyway all of these factors make the snow here not so fun if we get more than a few inches. The worst part about the snow was that I knew that if the weather did not get better, my sister and her family would not be able to make the drive from Utah for Christmas with us. I guess we could not complain about not having a "White Christmas."





1 comment:

Susan said...

Ah, it's easy to look back and enjoy the beauty of the snow we had. I'm glad it's gone, though!