Sunday, May 30, 2010

Mother's Tea

Connor's preschool class put on the most adorable "Mother's Tea" the Friday before Mother's Day. I started crying the first song they sang. I chalk it up to pregnancy hormones-but they were so dang cute! The class sang several songs and then served us cake, fruit, and the drink of our choice. So sweet! Connor filled out a paper with his teachers about me. The prompt said write a description of why your mom is special:
"She takes care of me and she takes care of m dog and feeds him. She goes to my baseball games and takes me for walks. She buys my toys. She lets me babysit babies and dogs."

He also filled out a questionaire about me at church Sunday. Here is what he said:

My mother is... 34 years old (actually 28:)
My mom likes to eat...potatoes.
My mom's favorite game is...Hide and Seek.
My mom would never... say bad words (I wish this were true)!
My mom's favorite game is... hide and seek.
When we are outside, my Mom likes to... blow bubbles
My mom is really good at... making lunches.
Something my Mom says a lot is.. good morning.
My favorite thing to do with my mom is...play baseball.
My Mom's favorite thing to do with me is... lay down and cuddle with me.
Something my Mom has taught me... is to read.
I know my Mom loves me because she... gives me hugs.

Ryan made his first French Toast for me for the first time on Sunday morning. He looked up a recipe online and made it well. The only funny thing was he was quite overwhelmed by getting mine ready and wanted me out of the kitchen, that he didn't make anything for the kids first. So, despite being delicious, I only had a few bites of my fresh fruit (Connor ate it all) and my French toast (Sadie ate most of it). Its definately the thought that counts though, and probably better for my pregnancy weight gain! After church I told Ryan, I would rather make dinner in peace while he entertained the kids. We had a peaceful dinner and then I went to bed early (I was starting to feel sick) and Ryan cleaned up very well. So nice to wake up to a tidy downstairs! I do love being a mom and wife and feel very blessed to have the family I do!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh...so sweet! And I must say that you are the cutest pregnant lady ever!