Sunday, June 27, 2010

Our First Day in California

Ryan and I decided we needed one last vacation as a family of four before our family grows this summer. We had such a blast last August in California, we decided to go back for more! We called Grandma and Grandpa Johnson and they decided they would love to come too! We stayed at the Marriott Villas that we toured last year on a time share deal and LOVED it! After a smooth flight from Portland, we arrived in California. Lance met us at the airport and we rented a mini-van (this was a huge highlight for Connor!!-He was obsessed with the automatic doors and sitting in the VERY back). We stopped at a delicious pizza place and then checked in. Ryan and I went grocery shopping together that night because the villas had full kitchens. I laughed because even that felt like a treat because we got to leave the kids with Grandma and roam around the fancy Newport Grocery store together. Its amazing how your idea of "fun" changes ever time. :) On our first full day...the weather was not so warm and sunny. The locals call it a "May Gray" day. We managed to still have some fun on the beach in Huntington and at Uncle Lance's pool. We also had some good Mexican food...which was high on my list of priorities for this trip! A good day...but we hoped for more sun in the days to come!


Connor Splashing his Uncle!
Lance is a really good sport!
Sadie and I preferred to just sit and play in the sand in our long sleeves! It was way too cold for my liking!

3 comments:

Holly Park said...

Those Newport Villas are the best--we've stayed a few times and keep going back. They are great for families! Glad you got one last hurrah before the little one arrives. California is always a great place to visit!

Eric and Rozanne said...

I don't even see a baby bump yet. :) I bet the cold reminded you of Oregon Coast, not California. I'm a big fan of Marriott, but I haven't heard of the Villas.

Rosemarie said...

I didn't know you were expecting again!!! Congratulations. We are due with number two in January. :)