Friday, July 16, 2010

Backyard Camping with Dad

We were supposed to go camping with several families at a church camp a couple of hours away this weekend. It is a really neat camp with horses and a water slide. I wanted to go because I felt like it was our last chance for a while and our kids are at such a fun age to camp. Ryan and my midwife talked some sense into me. It was extremely hot and I am only 3 and a half weeks away from my due date and probably not the best idea. So we went with plan B and set up camp in the backyard. The kids could not have been happier. Connor even told Grandma, " I can go in and use a clean potty instead of a yucky camping one!" They watched movies and ate treats in the tent, got glow sticks, and played with dad. I went inside to sleep and fully expected one of the kids to end up inside with me, but they all slept through the night until 8am! We had chocolate chip muffins for breakfast to top of the fun!


Sadie ready to sleep! (she actually talked and talked until almost midnight!)
Cooper got his own room in the tent!
What a good Dad!



2 comments:

Nikki said...

That is so adorable. Ryan is a good dad. We sure miss you guys.

Eric and Rozanne said...

Glad they still got to have fun with Dad. You are like me. I was always wanted to go places when I was almost due. Since I was always late, I never worried much. I always hoped it would get something going, but it never did! :) My kids love camping in the backyard. We haven't done it since we've lived here. Too many bugs and critters!