Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Still Waiting...and a few thoughts on this pregnancy

So my due date was on Monday August 2nd, and although my body is totally prepared, I guess this baby girl is quite content where she is now! I really can't complain too much, because this has been my easiest pregnancy so far. I was not very sick, just tired my first trimester, second trimester I felt great and was able to continue working out like normal. About half way through my third trimester, I cut my working out down to mostly just walking, but still went for a long one this morning with Cooper and felt fine. I haven't had very many cravings, except for lots of ice cream and fruity/gummy candy-but that's pretty much normal for me. Sadie and Connor have been pretty precious throughout my pregnancy. Sadie was the announcer to most of our friends and family that I was pregnant. I guess that is what I get for telling a 2 and a half year old! Connor has been such a little gentleman-always trying to not have me lift or bend or run if I don't need to. (Although a couple of days ago, he wanted me to jump on the trampoline, and I declined. He said, " You are going to be a lot more fun again when that baby comes out!") Sadie and Connor both kiss and hug the baby (my belly) and tell her that they love her multiple times a day. Sadie has gone back and forth about wanting to be a "big sister" or not. She has asked a lot of questions like, "When I'm a big sister... will I still fit in my car seat? or will my clothes still fit? or will I still have my stuffed animals?" I can tell her wheels are turning and she is trying to process the whole thing. Connor just talks about wanting to see her. I think he is genuinely excited, but a big reason for that is having Uncle Lance and Grandma and Grandpa come, as well as have Dad home for 6 weeks! Ryan can't wait for his "vacation" and we are so grateful he gets to be home for so long...but I'll also be curious to see how quickly he gets sick of us and is counting down until he goes back to work. :) Still no name for this little angel. We have really struggled this time. We may just have to see her and try out a few before we decide for sure! Hopefully it will be sooner than later! We'll be sure to update when she does arrive!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

I didn't even know you were pregnant. Congrats! That will be fun for Sadie. Can't wait to hear about the details. Good luck with everything.

Eric and Rozanne said...

So excited for her arrival! That's cute that the kids are so excited. You are such a good mom. I remember when Alex was Connor's age and I was pregnant with Tessa that he was so excited for her to be born so I could run and have races with him again. It was pretty funny. I'm glad it has been an easy pregnancy. My 3rd was easy too. And Tessa was my easiest baby!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to meet the little girl! It's so great that you've had such a good pregnancy. Hopefully your delivery will go as well!