Friday, August 29, 2008

Happy Birthday to Connor

After a long nap following the waterfall hike, we celebrated Connor's Birthday. Connor was so happy have a Wall-E cake and a Superman Balloon. He was so excited about his presents that he forgot to eat his cake and Oreo icecream. He got a Pixar car that is hard to find (I had to get it on Ebay) from us. From his uncles, he recieved a remote control Hummer, and from Grandma and Grandpa a remote control tractor and retro spiderman shirt. He was was prety pleased! The only part he didn't enjoy was the "Happy Birthday" song.:)

Now comes the sappy mom stuff...I just can't believe my baby is four already. I never believed parents that said, "Kids just grow too fast.", until I had my own. Time really does fly! I am so grateful to be his mommy. He is for the most part such a good boy and has a great heart. He is so enthusiastic about life and fun to have around. He really does love his Sadie, and can be very sweet with her, when he wants to be. For example, when I drop the two of them off at the gym child care, he sticks right by her the entire hour to "take care of her", even though he has two good buddies that he enjoys to play with there in the drop in care also. He can be shy at times, but is very outgoing and funny around the friends and family that he is comfortable with. He loves sports now, and it will be interesting to see if that passion continues as he gets older. Another love he has is his daddy and grandpas. I don't think there are any other people he would rather be with than them. They are his heroes and I can't think of better men that he could look up to. He is all boy and into all of the "boy stuff" like Super Heroes, cars, trucks, and tractors. Today he was walking around the block with Saide and I. Sadie pushed her pink doll stroller halfway around the block and then decided she was done. Connor wanted to help, but knew it wouldn't be "manly" to push a pink stroller around the block, so he lifted it up over his head, and said, "Look mom, how strong I am." He carried it that way the whole way home. Such a guy!

He is very cautious, and sometimes I wish he would be more adventurous, but I've never had to worry about him leaving my side. (Sadie is another story.) I think I will be grateful for his cautious ways in later years. He loves reading, and has an amazing attention span for such a young kid. Ryan's mom has even started teaching him mini piano lessons, and is surprised by how well he listens and concentrates. All in all, he is a great kid, and I am so glad to have him around! Happy fourth birthday Connor!!!!










2 comments:

Eric and Rozanne said...

I love your new blog border! Connor's birthday looks like a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

FOUR!?! Wow...he sure is getting big. Ashley and Ethan loved looking at his birthday pictures. Looks like he had a great birthday.