Thursday, September 11, 2008

Indian Summer

Hooray! We are having the most beautiful September. It has been in the 70's and 80's everyday this month and it looks like it is supposed to continue to be nice for quite a while. Any of you that know me well, know that I HATE the 9 months of rain here. I get really sad about summer being over and I am so grateful to have a few more days of sunshine! we have been taking advantage of the nice weather by spending lots of time at the pool. I feel sorry for all the kids in school that have to miss the good weather, but it is so nice at the pool because we practically have the whole place to ourselves. Connor is getting much more confident about swimming. He is now diving for things under water and really trying to get the hang of freestyle stroke. I never really get a chance to help him, because I am wrestling Sadie, but he is doing pretty well on his own. Sadie, on the other hand, doesn't love the water. She would rather run around the side of the pool (scary!), eat sncaks, and lounge. She cracks me up!



2 comments:

Eric and Rozanne said...

I feel bad we are missing the nice weather there. September is usually beautiful there. I'm glad you are enjoying it.

Susan said...

I, too, love the Indian summers around here. It had been quite lovely... I hope the rain yesterday is not a prelude to a long, rainy winter.