Saturday, August 1, 2009

Canasta with Grandpa


After the funeral Mom, Dad, and I walked around BYU for a little while and of course made a trip for a hot fudge sundae at the Creamery on 9th. Then we met Grandpa and Jean at one of my favorite Utah places to eat -Cafe Rio. Yummy! The most fun part of the day, however, was playing cards with Dad, Grandpa, and Jean. We played boys against girls and lost terribly! Grandpa enforced the long time tradition that Grandma Westover started and I had to hold his elbow while chanting "You are the Champion" 3 times. So fun. Playing cards has always been a favorite thing to to with Grandma and Grandpa Westover and I am glad I had a little time to do it this trip...although next time I want to win!:)

2 comments:

Eric and Rozanne said...

It's so fun to have family traditions like that. We haven't been to the Creamery in SO long...I used to work there while we were going to BYU. It's much tastier when you are not scooping it. :) I'd like to go back and be the customer this time.

Anonymous said...

So sad I missed the game. I still love canasta. We played with Adam and Nicole last time we were up to see them. The girls won, but we forgot about the chant. Wish we would have remembered!