Saturday, August 1, 2009

Leavenworth










Ryan and I were lucky enough to be able to go on a little getaway to Leavenworth courtesy of Pfizer. He was asked to work at a conference Saturday and Sunday so we headed up Friday after I dropped the kids off at Grandma and Grandpa's in Portland. We stopped on our way at Chevy's for dinner. Even though we hit a little traffic on the way it was relaxing because we didn't have kids with us. We checked in to a cute little hotel right in town and walked around. We found a Cold Stone and treated ourselves to icecream, before heading back. Saturday, poor Ryan, had to get up very early to work, and I got to sleep in, go for a run, eat some breakfast, take a bath in the jetted tub, and read. I know...tough life. Ryan and I met for a late lunch for at an excellent Italian place. We decided to go on a hike along the river. The scenery is so beautiful there. After resting for a while at the hotel we went to a late dinner at a Mexican place. Its kind of funny that we ate Italian and Mexican in a German village, but I've never been one to love Brats! We stayed over Saturday and left Sunday morning to meet Ryan's parents and the kids at our house. They were so kind to bring them to us. We enjoyed a great steak dinner for Father's Day. The kids had a wonderful time at Grandma and Grandpa's and we had a very relaxing fun time together. Couldn't have asked for a bettter weekend!






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun little vacation away from the kids! I'm jealous.

Nadia said...

What a life you lead!

Susan said...

How fun! It has been so long since I've been to Leavenworth I barely remember it. We hope to make it there in October when they have a Volksmarch event.