Thursday, September 29, 2011

Connor's 7th Birthday

Connor and Sadie returned home from "grandma and grandpa camp" to celebrate his birthday. We decided this year to make a rule to do "friend" parties every other year. That is what we have done thus far (not on purpose), and I was afraid of Connor not being ok with this, but surprisingly he was just fine. We had a "family" party with Mom, Dad, Sadie, Eliza, Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Chad. On Connor's "to do" list for his birthday, was cake, presents, family walk/bike ride, and playing catch. I am glad we were able to accomplish all of his cute, simple wishes. He was so excited to get some Harry Potter Legos, a new baseball mit, a net that bounces baseballs back to him (not sure what its called-but basically allows him to play catch by himself ANYTIME-thanks Grandma and Grandpa Westover), a new BIG Star Wars ship, and a doggy pillow pet. What a lucky guy! I sure love my Connor. There is something special about a mother/son relationship that I am so thankful to have.

Some 7 year old Connor Tid Bits:
  • Connor loves all things sports-his favorite is whatever sport season he is playing at the moment. (Right now it is flag football.)
  • Connor LOVES his baby sister Eliza and is an excellent brother to her-he certainly be a better brother to his sister Sadie-the two are so incredibly different and often butt heads...I tell him all the time how grateful he will one day be to have Sadie for a sister-she is cute and will have cute friends for him to date I'm sure!
  • Connor is a great student. He is the "responsible" kid in his class that is always asked to walk kids to the nurse, assist others in their work, etc. (He would be a terrible homeschooler-doesn't respond well to me telling him to do things-but if I say "his teacher wants him to complete a task" he will.
  • I believe he is developing a strong testimony/relationship with Jesus and Heavenly Father. He enjoys church now (at least the Primary portion) and is excited to be baptized next year.
  • Connor is soooo active. The boy does not sit down unless I make him! When it is sunny especially-he wants to eat, play, and sleep outside.
  • He likes to watch nature and survival shows like "Big Cat Diary" and "Man vs Wild"
  • Connor has many friends and is getting good at being polite and respectful (vs shy) with new people.
  • He LOVES fruits and veggies-still pretty picky about main courses. Would eat ALL sweets if I let him.
  • Connor is independent. He gets dressed and ready for school himself-walks himself to class-and does not allow me to get him from the bus stop.
  • Recently is developing an interest in writing and drawing-I have to admit-so far not his best talent (gets that from me) but he enjoys it, so that's all that matters.
  • Loves music, loves to sing along and play drums-especially to Taylor Swift after attending her concert-Ryan says we need to listen to Pearl Jam more in the mini van. :)
  • His heros are his Grandpa and Dad-but when he needs something or wants to chat-Mama's #1
  • He really wishes he had a brother...
  • Connor is just a good kid-with some stinker moments for sure-but in my heart I think that he will make good choices when it counts. Love him!
Make a wish
It has now become tradition for Sadie to play Happy Birthday on the key board.
Ready...
I love this one because everyone is in it-except for me.

Someday they will be friends right???
He couldn't decide between a cake or a cookie cake so I made both!

Happy (and Spoiled) kiddo
Eliza with HER 2 week old b-day balloons-wishing it was still her turn...

1 comment:

Rozanne said...

He has grown-up so much since I last saw him! I love all the fun facts you included about him. I still tell Alex and Jesikah about the dating thing paying off someday, but they still have don't get along often. :)