Thursday, September 1, 2011

Ragnar Relay

Thanks to to injured people, and one amazing friend that took ALL 3 of my kids (THANK YOU NADIA!!!) Ryan and I were both able to participate in the Ragnar Northwest Passage Relay. Between 12 people we ran almost 200 miles in 29 hours on virtually no sleep at all. It was an adventure, that I'm still not sure I want to repeat, but I am thankful I got to do.
So these photos are in total reverse order of events, but here is a glimpse...

On the ferry ride home-so beautiful, but so tired!!!
Ryan and I with our medals. It was really fun to do this together.
The whole team at the finish-"Black Hills Bandits"
Fast Danika
Getting ready for my last leg-literally running on fumes...
I was pretending to be happy-but was a little grumpy-it wasn't until after my run Saturday morning that I was able to "snap out of it" and wake up. (Sorry van mates for being a grump:) Christine and Gina were their usual cheery selves-love those girls!
Gina and I exchanging...
Getting ready for my night run...my team lost me because I was so speedy... :) waited at the finish line for about 20 minutes for them to get there.
How could I not be speedy with a view like this the whole run...this guy was hilarious!

Christine and Gina at the 2nd exchange
Christine and Spenser at the first exchange
Van 1 all smiles-before the start-we didn't know yet what we were getting into!

3 comments:

Holly Park said...

Making me miss you all! Looks like a fun run--I love ragnar!

Nikki said...

Look at all you fitness gurus. Looks like you had some fun!!

Susan said...

Looks like a blast. You all must be very proud of yourselves!