Friday, July 15, 2011

College Girls Reunion

So I totally copied Anna's blog about our reunion beacause she said it so well... "This last month I had a much-needed girls’ retreat with my college roommates in the Capitola, CA. I rendezvoused with Mary Hansen, Anna Packard, and Jess Butts. Our sweet Alissa couldn’t make it this year. I haven’t seen my roommates in a few years as it’s gotten more complicated to have reunions with families and careers. But this year we made it happen and I’m so glad we did! It was wonderful to reconnect, have long hours of girl talk, giggle uncontrollably, eat delicious food, and soak up lots of California sunshine.
What I love about being with these girls is that there is no pretense. We get together and let our hair down immediately. I can be myself with them completely and they accept and love me for all my quirkiness (we made fun of Anna for psychoanalyzing a spider in the shower). During the trip, we talked some of our college years but it is nice to know our friendship isn’t based in the past. We love each other and spent most of our time talking about our current lives, experiences, passions, and beliefs. I am grateful to have friends like Mary, Anna, and Jess. No matter how much time passes between reunions, when we get together, it’s as if no time has passed. I’m already looking forward to our next reunion!"
Thanks to my wonderful in-laws and amazing friends that helped take care of my kids so that I could have such an enjoyable time. Grandma and Grandpa had Sadie and Eliza. They did great! Eliza was a little stubborn and didn't take a bottle for the 3 days I was gone, but she eats plenty and drinks water and juice out of a sippy well enough that she was just fine. Needless to say,however, she was VERY happy to see me and nurse at the airport. Autumn and Nadia were so sweet to take Connor after school for Thursday and Friday. The plan was for Ryan to get the girls for the remainder of the weekend, but Grandma and Grandpa wanted to keep the girls...so Ryan and Connor got to have a bonding weekend! Everyone had a very happy weekend!
After a delicious Italian dinner. Yummy!
Mary and I (should have gotten my spray tan)-such a white Washingtonian!
Such a beautiful bike ride on the coast. Beach cruisers are so fun!!
Anna and Mary are so cute pregnant!

My first "real" sushi experience. I was really bad at using chopsticks.
Anna and Jess-the sushi experts


1 comment:

Rozanne said...

It's so cool that you have such a good relationship with your college roommates still. That would be really fun! Jesikah refused to take bottles too one time when I left but ate lots of food. It's funny how they are like that. I am glad that she was ok.