Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sea World 2011

We decided to visit Sea World San Diego while in Southern California. I am so happy that we did. We seriously had the place to ourselves-no crowds or lines whatsoever. The kids and grown-ups all had such a fabulous day.

Eliza checking out the aquariums.
Connor checking out a star fish at one of the "hands on" exhibits with Grandpa.
Can you guess what show this was??? Yep-the dog and cat show at Sea World. (random, I know) I was afraid it was going to be lame-but it was really good, and of course it was Eliza's most favorite thing of the day! She is in love with dogs!
The highlight for Connor and Sadie was feeding and petting the dolphins.
Even Chad enjoyed the dolphins. Who wouldn't?? They are such adorable and friendly creatures!


We also loved the Shamu show, but got no photos. It was interesting that the trainers no longer got in the water with the killer whales-(I'm guessing because of the trainer that was killed a few years ago.) The orcas are such beautiful animals, but it the show wasn't as entertaining for me without the trainers interacting. Oh well!

If you'll notice in the other pictures we all have jackets and long sleeves on. It was a very cloudy, cool day (mid 60's) so none of us were worried about sunburns. I have heard a million times that its very easy to burn on overcast days, but personally it has never happened to me. We learned our lesson the hard way through poor Eliza. Connor snapped this picture of her after out day at Sea World. Her little face got so red, and I felt so bad. Some mini popsicles back at the hotel made her feel much better. :)



2 comments:

Susan said...

Interesting about the Shamu show. I am partial to the sea lion show which is really funny.

Rozanne said...

I wondered if they would keep doing the shows after the trainer was killed. Poor Eliza...I hate it when you have those overcast days and they make you feel safe from the sun only to discover later that it wasn't the case.