Sunday, July 31, 2011

Connor's Kindergarten Graduation

Connor graduated from Kindergarten!!! A friend asked me if I was "sad" at the graduation ceremony and I replied, "no...I am a little relieved." We had a "interesting" Kindergarten experience that I was happy to be done with. It started out well, with a teacher that seemed promising, and then with some class size issues, he got switched to a new teacher and into a portable. The whole thing was a big mess. His teacher was sweet, but soooo unorganized and had no idea how to manage a classroom. It didn't help that many of the kids were pretty difficult as well. Luckily, Connor is Connor, and he thrived-despite it all. He had two buddies in class-Erik and Simon-both neighbor kids. He was a great example to the kids in his class, and a very good student. When I asked him what the best part of Kindergarten was he said, "Recess, of course!"





No comments: