Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Skating in Idaho

After Pinkalicious , we stayed the night in Portland, dropped Cooper off at the best dog sitters ever (Mark and Anette's) and started the drive to Boise to see my family for Thanksgiving. We were blessed with great weather and surprisingly well behaved kids in the car. We arrived Sunday evening and Monday we went roller skating for the first time EVER. Even Ryan had never been roller skating (how that happened, I don't know). Usually Connor is very cooridnated, but he was TERRIBLE. He tried soooo hard and never gave up the whole two hours we were there, but I can't say he improved at all. Ryan was afraid of getting injured-he is so tall that he has a long way to fall-so he took his skates off and walked around with the kids. Sadie was cautious, but did a pretty good job with Aunt Nicole helping. Madi and Avery did great! Luckily Grandma Kathleen stayed home with Eliza, since both Sadie and Connor were pretty high maintenance. We see how long it is before we go skating again!

Sadie LOVES Aunt Nicole

Sadie and Connor
Nicole, Avery, and Adam
Connor loved hanging on to that wall!!

1 comment:

Susan said...

I used to go skating all the time as a kid. I would still do it, but I'm afraid of falling now that my old bones are more fragile ;) I can't believe Ryan's never been! But then I don't think Scott has either. Must be a boy thing.