Sunday, January 27, 2013

When Grandpa Comes to Town...

We were so happy when Grandpa called a few weeks before the baptism to tell us that he was wanting to come! I talked him into flying rather than taking a road trip as he thought he wanted to.  He and Jean were going to stay a few days at our house and then go down the Oregon coast for a few days, like they had wanted to do for a long time. We had a great visit including the baptism, an adult night out to a restaurant on the sound, card playing, visiting the farmers market, and apple fritters from Lattin's.  Sunday after church we headed over to the neighborhood park.  The guys went for a game of horse and grandpa took a bad fall.  I was sooo devastated! He was able to get up and walk home, but we quickly realized that he needed to go in to the Emergency Room. He came home with a broken pelvis. We were able to get him on a flight home the next morning. I felt so sad for him and the pain he was in. He was very disappointed in not going on their trip down the coast as well. Luckily, I can report now that he his mostly healed and doing well. Thank goodness. I will cherish my times with my sweet grandpa forever. He is such a sweet, generous, funny, gentle, man who has always been so good to me. I am thankful that my kids are able to see and get to know him.

Ice cream at the market.

Ryan, Jean, Sadie, Grandpa

Playing Canasta

Throwing rocks never gets old!


The infamous Basketball game!




Connor showing off his newest lego creation to his grandpas.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

LOVE Grandpa Westover!! Good times playing canasta! Glad he is doing better.