Monday, June 18, 2012

5 Year Old Sadie

I am so lucky to be Sadie's mom. She is responsible for some of my most joyous moments as well as most challenging ones. She is so sugary and sweet and concerned for others as well as SUPER sassy at times. I love to watch her play with her little princesses, Barbies, and stuffed animals. She plays well by herself and can often be found in a corner playing alone, but also LOVES to pretend play with friends, Connor, and mom and dad. She loves to read scriptures and fairy tales-and don't forget Pinkalicious! She loves to sing loud to The Sound of Music, Annie, and Muppets soundtracks. She is a perfect angel at school and usually at friend's houses, but saves her sassy side for home.  She is a GREAT big sister. One of her most favorite things to do is go and "wake" Eliza up from her crib. She makes me go away so Eliza doesn't see me and they have their "time" together before I come and get them both out.  Eliza is pretty independent and doesn't always appreciate Sadie's mothering, but Sadie's heart is in the right place. Recently Connor and Sadie have also gotten along much better and often stay up really late in their room talking and playing together. Sadie loves dance, soccer, and recently has done a gymnastics class...she isn't the most coordinated, but she sure loves it! Sadie ADORES preschool and primary at church. She never missed a day this year except when we were out of town. She is pretty opinionated about what she wears, but one of the best things about her getting dressed (especially for church) is she loves to match me as best she can. She wants her hair like mine, if I am wearing a skirt she changes her dress to a skirt, if I am wearing a jewelry-she runs and puts some on...its just so cute!! I know it won't last long so I have to enjoy it while I can! She has a special place in her heart for her friends, cousins, and her Grandmas. Can't wait (and am a little scared) of what is to come with my Sadie Lady! Love her and am so grateful to be her Mommy!




No comments: