Monday, June 18, 2012

Sad News...

On my way home from Texas with my kiddos, I received a text from my college roommate Anna that told us that her sweet 4 month old Charlie passed away from SIDS. I was so saddened by her news. I love her like a sister and can only imagine her pain and suffering as a mother. About a week later I flew to Utah with Autumn (and sweet Violet) and we were able to attend Charlie's memorial service. It was really neat to have all of the old college girls there to support Anna. It was such an uplifting service and surely strengthened my testimony of God's plan and eternal families. At the same time it was just so sad and I hurt so badly for Anna and Chad. They, however, were so strong and united together for their sweet Charlie and daughter Hailee.  Something tragic like this sure gives a different perspective on life, after life, and what is truly important. I'm so thankful to my inlaws who came to watch my kids so that I could be there and to Emily and her family who let us crash at their house and even babysat babies so that everyone could go to the service. I am so blessed with wonderful friends and family.

Packard family 

Charles Preston Packard

The girls at breakfast before the funeral-behind those smiles are VERY red eyes from crying. 


No comments: